Restore like new.

FRANNY 01:08 13 Jul 04

How do i reeboot my computer completely,and restore it to the day i bought it,wiping the hard drive and just having windows zp on it,and nothing else.

Djohn 01:13 13 Jul 04

Did your PC come preloaded with windows and a restore CD or floppy disk, or did you have XP installed separately? If you can let us know which of the above please, one of the forum members will talk you through.

TomJerry 01:15 13 Jul 04

PC maker normally use two methods

Method 1: Recovery Porgram is in a hidden partition of hard drive. For this method, there are two ways to recover (a) Press a function key when the PC just start up to start the recover program, then just follow instruction. (b) Start PC with a floppy (suppied) and then follow instruction.

READ the manual to see how to do it.

Method 2: Recovery program is on CD, normally two CDs. Put the CD1 in CD driver, start machine, quickly press "Del" (or other key instructed in manual) which get you into bios set up, change the boot sequence to boot PC from CD-ROm first, save bios change and reboot PC and the follow instruction. You may want to do bios set up again when you finish to boot from HD first.

READ the manual.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…