restore hard drive

beth89 22:34 14 Apr 08

I have an external drive with full back ups from my computer made with Acronis 11 if my main computers fail (it has been ruuning a bit noisy) will my acronis back up restore my system to a new hard drive or will I have to clone my hard drive first,also if I partion my external drive so that I can put a clone copy of my system on it will I loose the stuff already on the external drive???

brundle 23:43 14 Apr 08

"external drive with full back ups from my computer" - complete, entire backups, or incremental/differential backups? If you have a complete back up of your system, and you create a bootable Acronis Rescue CD (choose to add USB support), it should restore the backup on the external drive to your system drive. I can't answer your second question definitively as I don't use or have Acronis. I would imagine that a big enough partition would allow Acronis to clone the OS without destroying data in an additional partition.

beth89 00:25 15 Apr 08

yes I have full back ups and the ecternal is 500 gigabite thanks for the advice

beeuuem 02:06 15 Apr 08

Acronis will restore from an image , see click here

beth89 05:17 15 Apr 08

Thanks beeuuem and brundle I feel a bit more secure now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…