Restore Gateway PC to Factory Settings

jjss 15:40 10 Feb 06

I'm trying to help a neighbour out. He has a Gateway PC that's about 8 months old. He's managed to lose/misplace all his documention which relates to it. He has no recovery/restore disks.

The pc needs to be reformatted to factory settings etc. There appears to be a D drive which I'm assuming carries the restore programs but when I try to access it through win explorer etc it tells me that D drive is not formatted and would I like to format the drive, needless to say I've opted 'No'.

My question is how do you restore a Gateway pc system. By the way this pc has no floppy drive.

I've have already tried using forum search.

Thanking you all in antisipation.

dms05 16:29 10 Feb 06

Enter the Serial Number here click here

Hertz Van Rentyl 16:36 10 Feb 06

Are there no clues during boot up to press certain F key or the like.

jjss 19:14 10 Feb 06

Thanks for your responces. dms05 the link that you lead too related to pc's bought in the US but thanks anyway. Hertz Van Rently; you were on the right track.

I've found the answer to the problem after many many restarts and for future reference the F11 key is the magic F key for Gateway PC factory restorage. In the sameway that you would continue to press F8 for normal windows selection so you contine to press F11 on start up for a Gateway Machine.

Problem sorted. Many Thanks ticked resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…