Restore an Fdisked drive

time and a half 20:15 08 Oct 04

I have just Fdisked my hard drive in error. How can I undo this operation?

JonnyTub 20:18 08 Oct 04

you can't.

woodt 20:20 08 Oct 04

Sorry Time and a HAlf but I thnk JohnnyTub is right.

woodt 20:21 08 Oct 04

Sorry Time and a Half but I think JonnyTub is right.

JonnyTub 20:21 08 Oct 04
  woodchip 20:54 08 Oct 04

You can given the right software as it rebuilds the partition but it will take some searching on google and may cost. It depends how valuable your Data is.

pj123 21:26 08 Oct 04

How did you do it in "error". Fdisk would have put up a dialogue box which said something like: "If you continue, this will delete everything off this disk". "Do you want to continue, Yes or No" Did you not read this?

pj123 14:44 11 Oct 04

Received via email "Yes I did read it. I have a two removeable drives in my pc and put the wrong drive in by mistake. I know the about the messages in Fdisk"

Sorry, time and a half my response wasn't mean't to be derogatory in any way. But, unfortunately as others have said you may not be able to do it.

A file recovery company might be able to but their costs are horrendous - like about £450 for a 20gb hard drive, although most of them operate a "no recovery, no fee" policy.

Diemmess 16:53 11 Oct 04

This is why I always disconnected all but the disk where I wanted to use that awesome command.

With more than one HD particularly, it is very difficult to be absolutely sure which drive and which disk is which! (Some friend long ago formatted the wrong drive for me)... Some friend, but a lesson learned.

uisquebeathus 17:17 11 Oct 04

PC Inspector File Recovery. Arrowkey and Ontrack Easy Recovery can help recover deleted and fdisked data loss but at a cost but some of them may do a trial. BUT you must not do anything to the drive as the data will be over written anf totaly lost.

pj123 16:32 12 Oct 04

Another response received via email.

"No offence taken. I will just have to right it off to experience and be more careful next time. Thanks for trying to help."

Please do not send emails. Post your answers/comments/replies on your posting, that way we all know the results of your query. You should only email members if you are invited to do so. Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…