Restore Factory Settings

jenniew_uk 12:51 04 May 09

Hey,
I have a TIME N17 laptop with a toshiba IDE HDD 80gb hard drive in, and i need to restore my factory settings as i have alot of viruses that i cant get rid of.
I have a system restore cd that came with the laptop but it won't work as I had my hard drive replaced last year...

ANY ONE GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS?!!!
HELP!!!!!

cheap 13:34 04 May 09

There is no need to restore your system due to viruses.
Does your virus software do a boot scan. If not get Avast home edition which is free.
click here

Next get Superantispyware which is free and run a full scan.
click here

Then finaly get Malwarebytes which is also free and run a full scan.
click here

By the end of a long afternoon your computer will be free of all the little nasties.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:29 04 May 09

Unfortunately the "image for your machine was in a hidden partition on your old drive and the CD just contains the program to access that image.
You will be unable to to a factory restore unless you still have the working drive or an image of what was put onto the new drive.

jenniew_uk 21:22 04 May 09

thanks for your replies, my laptop has been scanned several afternoons on AVG adaware and superantispy ware and still viruses keep poppung up. they are trojans so very hard to get rid off!!

woodchip 21:28 04 May 09

Run some of these on your computer click here=

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…