restore disk for dell laptop needed

tesfred 05:01 25 Sep 05

Can anyone please advise me on how I can obtain a restore disk for my Dell Latitude Laptop Computer, model No CPx H450GT I have lost mine and need to replace it in case my computer crashes and I have to reinstall.

Taff36 08:11 25 Sep 05

Which Operating system? I am pretty sure you can order a replacement set from Dell themselves. You could try their support site and then put in your computers serial number. If you registered the computer when you bought it you won`t have to do this, then e-mail support and tell them the problem. There will probably be a charge but someone here may be prepared to send you a copy of the disks.

I strongly recommend you download Belarc click here run it and print out the results. This will give you all the current info about your computer including software registration keys. If you do suffer a crash and have to reinstall all the keys will be recorded in case you can`t find original disks.

I would also recommend you download all the updated drivers for your Dell and burn them to disk. Then you are prepared for the worst scenario. click here

Diodorus Siculus 09:28 25 Sep 05

Strictly speaking, you don't need a restore disk - and in fact buying the operating system can be more useful. That way you will have the opportunity to install it as you want.

jbaker65 10:16 25 Sep 05

If you don't have any luck elsewhere, phone 07930421612. This guy supplies restore discs as a part of his business.

tesfred 18:03 22 Nov 05

many thanks to everyone, problem now resolved with your help.

Diodorus Siculus 18:07 22 Nov 05

So, enlighten us... what did you do?

keewaa 18:34 22 Nov 05

Can you boot into restore by pressing F10 on boot? ... Not sure about laptops, but all the desktops now come with a spereate protected restore partition accessed by F10, meaning no discs needed.

sattman 18:36 22 Nov 05

"Strictly speaking, you don't need a restore disk"
Correct me if I am mistaken but apart from the system
don't you need the recovery disk for the drivers and system setup.

Diodorus Siculus 18:40 22 Nov 05

Drivers can be downloaded from the Dell site; system setup is individual choice.

sattman 22:27 22 Nov 05

Having a restore partition on a hard disk is not a lot of use to you when the hard disk fails.

keewaa 22:47 22 Nov 05

I didn't think of that one (harddisc failure) ... what can you do if that happens ...thinking in particular of Dell as they put everything on a partition ... will they supply discs if necessary?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…