Restore default settings on Dell PC

I,Me and Myself 15:09 07 Mar 07

My parents got a new PC yesterday from Dell which has some extra stuff installed.

We have tried installing a modem driver which we have just found out is not compatible and cannot be uninstalled.

I tried to do a system restore but it would not work.

If we do a restore to default settings will it remove everything or will it go back to how it was when they got it OR will those drivers always be on?

skidzy 15:19 07 Mar 07

If you restore the Dell it will revert to factory settings.

Maybe F11 is the restore partition giving you possibly 3 options.

You should have been prompted to create a backup/recovery disc upon booting the Dell in the first instance.

If you list your main problem regarding the driver issue...we may be able to help.

I,Me and Myself 15:25 07 Mar 07

Installed a driver for a Speedtouch 330 modem but we could not get connected to the internet so I suggested that the modem may not be compatible with Windows Vista.

I came home a checked out the Speedtouch website and it states:

Installing on a new Vista computer: When using the standard 3.01 (XP) driver it will not be possible to perform an uninstall. A Vista specific driver will be available in March 2007.

skidzy 15:30 07 Mar 07

Have not yet restored a Dell Vista pc,but if like a couple of my xp machines...you should be able to restore using F11.

Tapping F11 on startup may well give you the option to restore/recover to factory settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017