Restore default settings on Dell PC

I,Me and Myself 15:09 07 Mar 07

My parents got a new PC yesterday from Dell which has some extra stuff installed.

We have tried installing a modem driver which we have just found out is not compatible and cannot be uninstalled.

I tried to do a system restore but it would not work.

If we do a restore to default settings will it remove everything or will it go back to how it was when they got it OR will those drivers always be on?

skidzy 15:19 07 Mar 07

If you restore the Dell it will revert to factory settings.

Maybe F11 is the restore partition giving you possibly 3 options.

You should have been prompted to create a backup/recovery disc upon booting the Dell in the first instance.

If you list your main problem regarding the driver issue...we may be able to help.

I,Me and Myself 15:25 07 Mar 07

Installed a driver for a Speedtouch 330 modem but we could not get connected to the internet so I suggested that the modem may not be compatible with Windows Vista.

I came home a checked out the Speedtouch website and it states:

Installing on a new Vista computer: When using the standard 3.01 (XP) driver it will not be possible to perform an uninstall. A Vista specific driver will be available in March 2007.

skidzy 15:30 07 Mar 07

Have not yet restored a Dell Vista pc,but if like a couple of my xp machines...you should be able to restore using F11.

Tapping F11 on startup may well give you the option to restore/recover to factory settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…