restore Cd for acer Travelmate2480

blazenconcrete 00:38 11 Dec 08

i have a acer Travelmate 2480 and i never was given a restore cd when my friend gave it to me. i was wondering how to get one or if i could make one on the computer to restore the factory settings. i know how to do it on the extensa but i cant find the program if there is one on this model. i aprriciate your time in helping me resolve this matter my computer is in real need of being put back to factory but i have no means to do so

curofone 01:26 11 Dec 08

Hello, not sure how old this acer machine is but if it an old one then it probably would have have come with a recovery cd in the box.

Some old xp acer machines you could boot into windows and load up the eRecovery Utility by pressing alt + f10 and in that program you would have the option to burn your own recovery disks or to start a recovery etc. If it as you for a password then the default was 000000.

You can also normally load the eRecovery utility on boot up by holding down alt and pressing f10 as soon as the machine is turned on. This is the case for new acers and some old ones with out recovery disks supplied

If it is a newer acer with vista then boot into vista and look for a program called Acer eRecovery Management and again that has all the options to burn disks and recover the machine.

That all my limited knowledge of acer recoveries streches to so i hope it helps.

MCE2K5 01:59 11 Dec 08

Manual for Acer Travelmate 2480 click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now