Restore AOL files saved in PC.

Miros 15:28 17 Oct 06

I have recently done a full reinstall of my PC and a complete new reinstall of AOL. Files that I had saved on my PC for example some passwords,
should now be in my back up copy on external drive, does anyone know how I can get to these and reinstall, and what these files would be named? amd what anm I to look for if this is possible.

I don't want to reinstall everything with regards to all the old AOL files if I can help it.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Miros 15:43 17 Oct 06

Did I really write that? (amd should be and, anm should read am)
So it should read..... and what am I to look for if this is possible?
Think I'm going or have already gone senile :-)

Diemmess 18:02 17 Oct 06

It may depend on exactly what form the Aol backup was.

I have found (in similar circumstances) that It served me best to copy folders ORGANIZE and IDB to a safe place.

Restoration was a matter of overwriting the new folders with the old.

It is a long trail to find these new folders, something like Documents and settings > All Users > Applications > Aol > Aol 9 > F_Aol 9.
F_Aol 9 refers to drive F: where this is installed it might be C: on your computer or even stopping at Aol 9

As I said this will restore all your personal settings, favourites and every last email you had stored on the PC.

Unless these ORGANIZE and IDB were stored elsewhere I don't think Aol's method will be quite as generous, possibly because they didn't want customers reinstalling only to find they had reinstall some defect that should have disappeared.

Good luck anyway!

Miros 18:47 17 Oct 06

Confession to make, I'm a Man U fan, going out to watch the match with a mate tonight. Thanks for you contribution will read again later and digest, or try to.
Thanks Diemmess.

Miros 18:48 17 Oct 06

YOUR not you, sorry.

Cesar 09:05 20 Oct 06

^

Miros 15:47 25 Oct 06

Disaster struck, I found them and before I could recover them, had to do a complete recovery so I guess they are gone forever now I think unless I put them in the hands of an IT expert, and that I can't afford.

What harm still got my main items, thanks for your guidance and help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…