Restore Acer Z5710 back to Factory Settings

wescliff 14:38 15 Aug 14

Have to do just this - four years old and showing it. To many issues now.

No problem with the procedure, but it came with its own wireless keyboard, mouse and adaptor which are now long gone. I presume a restore will put these items back.

I use a Logitech mouse and keyboard with a unifying receiver. So I don't know what will happen once the PC is wiped.

Will I still have a mouse and keyboard that will work during the restore, presuming I leave the unifying receiver plugged in, or should I get wired items to use temporarily until I can get the Logitech driver installed.

Grateful for any advice.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:47 15 Aug 14

More than likely windows will find and install the drivers for your logitech keyboard / mouse when it first boots ( do you have the driver disk for them?)

If not then you may need a standard usb keyboard to be able to log in and download the drives from Logitech

wescliff 14:48 15 Aug 14

Yep, that's what I though, it's just if I need to click or type anything during restore before drivers have been installed.

wescliff 15:02 15 Aug 14

Hi Fruit Bat /\0/\ , I have the drivers as a download from Logitech, but I won't be able to get at them until back into Windows. They're on a separate partition.

I've just found a Utube video (click here that goes through the process. it seems once you click the final OK then that's it until back in Windows, so I'll risk it.

Thanks.

wescliff 15:35 15 Aug 14

What I'm not looking forward to is four years of Windows updates.

BRYNIT 01:02 16 Aug 14

Usually windows will use generic drivers for the the logitech keyboard and mouse it did when I did a clean install of windows 7 besides it does not use the windows drivers until windows has loaded.

BRYNIT 01:07 16 Aug 14

I should have said the that the mouse and keyboard will use generic drivers on any menu ie boot, restore/reset etc before windows has loaded.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…