//some 3rd party need geo

restore

carolann 17:03 29 May 04

Hi My friend is having problems with her Pc since "kids" came and "played". I suggested that she restored it to date previous to "kids". She cannot find this on her pc she has windows 98. Any suggestions please

VoG II 17:10 29 May 04

Start, Run, type

scanreg /restore

and click OK.

mosfet 17:11 29 May 04

On my pc I hold ctrl while booting,out of the menu pick "promt only"....at the c: type scanreg /restore....enter then pick one of the points.

carolann 17:15 29 May 04

ok will try that thanks guys

carolann 21:14 30 May 04

Hi My friend tried the above but no luck. Is it possible that she does not have the falcility to restore on her windows 98.
tc cat

lucky1 21:24 30 May 04

As far as I am aware the Systen Restore facility is only available in Windows ME and Windows XP.

VoG II 21:30 30 May 04

System Restore is only available in ME and XP.

What does "no luck" mean?

carolann 22:19 30 May 04

No Luck meant it did not work when tried. I did mention in posting that it was windows 98, thank for info guys
tc

Grey Man 23:03 30 May 04

click here according to this it does work on Windows 98.

When VoG asked what does "no luck" mean, i think he meant for you to give a more detailed explaination eg. bad command or something did happen etc.

woodchip 23:12 30 May 04

It works on Win98se like this let windows start the choose shut down to DOS then type SCANREG /RESTORE press enter and choose the oldest date

woodchip 23:27 30 May 04

System restore and SCANREG RESTORE are not the same. Scanreg Restore only allows you to restore a backup of the registry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…