Restarting computer on Windows XP

goll_y 15:45 22 Apr 04

I've just invested in Windows XP Professional and have been using it for about a week now. However, niggly problems have crept it that I'm not sure how to solve.

Being the idiot I am I didn't manage to set a system restore before the problems started so can't revert back to previous settings (I will learn from this!).

The computer seems to keep crashing after a period of time (30 mins ish) when using IE and I'm not sure why. It's becoming quite annoying and something I want to get fixed. Have run AVG, Windows Washer and Adaware but can't seem to find a problem there.

Any suggestions?

rawprawn 16:08 22 Apr 04

Try last known good configuration click here, that shoud work.

anon1 16:10 22 Apr 04

Now what be useful here is some details about the machine too. We know its xp pro but what about the machine? Ram for instance? How old is the machine? ETC

anon1 16:13 22 Apr 04

I have just realised that the headline says "restarting computer on windows xp" does that imply that the computer keeps restarting or is it "crashing"? If its the former then there is a way round it, if the latter could you post any error details here

goll_y 16:31 22 Apr 04

sorry, its the latter - it keeps crashing. I've deleted AVG as I thought that might be the problem but I'll see.

Had it quite a few years but only just got someone to wipe the hard drive and put on Windows XP Professional but when he started it there were no problems. That means it's probably something I added - might have to keep on tracing what I've dowloaded and delete that.

Where do I find how much RAM I've got?

VoG II 16:32 22 Apr 04

Belarc Advisor click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…