paz57 00:57 14 Aug 05

hi, i keep getting this trojan called restart.exe in the process and have to ct/alt/del and end process to get rid of it but it reappears on a reboot, system restore is off and have deleted it loads of times to no avale, maybe something in a ie6 add on im not sure , any help to get rid of this forever would be nice.....when you watch it in processes running it drops in and out all the restart.exe showing then dissappearing, i always end process when its showing but you only have a few seconds to do this...cheers paz

ahales42 01:14 14 Aug 05

have a look at this site.see if it helps.

click here

ahales42 01:17 14 Aug 05

actually don`t. bad site.

w1z8rd 06:29 14 Aug 05

try here click here
scroll down to the bottom of the page for removal instructions.
Hope it helps

paz57 19:28 15 Aug 05

hi, yes tried that but i have no isaa in the run folder...ta

stalion 19:44 15 Aug 05

post a hijack log in the malaware forum
click here
click here

Dantyboi 20:44 15 Aug 05

It may be possible to remove the program from your startup scripts, but some viruses can be really difficult to remove, so try it this way.
1. Restart your computer
2. Press F8 until you recieve the option to start the computer in Safe Mode. Do this. It will load the computer with as little processes as possible, so anything that automatically reinstalls the virus won't work.
3. Log in as 'Administrator' (no apostrophes) This will allow you to modify most things that a normal user wouldn't be allowed to.
4. Go to Start->Run and type MSCONFIG (caps are not a necessity) Click the Startup tab and remove any suspicious processes. Click 'OK' and exit the application.
5. When prompted, DO NOT RESTART the computer. This will be done later.
6. Locate the infected file, restart.exe, and delete it. If you can't do it using Windows, do it in Command Prompt, just remove it.
7. Restart the computer.
8. Load the computer as normal. If you find that the process is still there, there's another file on your computer that's installing it. This is where it gets annoying.
9. Locate the surrogate file. You need to find it to remove it, so look closely in every file and folder until you find it.
10. Repeat steps 1-8 again. Eventually,you should find that the virus has gone.

This method is my favoured one. I use anti-virus software, but I refuse to allow it to quarantine until I've found what it does, and how to remove it effectively. You should find that this method works. If not, I apologise sincerely, and wish you the best in the future.

paz57 17:07 17 Aug 05

hi, deleted it that way but still coming up in prefetch even when system restore is off, must be a program opening in will try and find manualy....cheers

paz57 00:27 28 Aug 05

still cannot find this and it only happens on a restart...

Skills 00:56 28 Aug 05

Download ccleaner from click here and run it through this will delete all temporary files on the drive and the contents of the prefetch folder then reboot into safe mode and follow the steps again to clear it.

paz57 09:07 12 Sep 05

hi, still coming out of prefetch folder on reboot, can i delete the prefetch folder?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…