Restart won't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boybrown 10:41 11 Nov 03

Hi,

I am getting the feeling that XP has as many glitches as any of the other operating systems that have been released. I am experiencing 2 problems and help on either would be gratefully appreciated. 1stly when I select "restart" from the "start menu" the computer shuts down ok but then fails to restart. If i manually press the restart button on the tower it works ok! I know that it seems a small problem but when you need to reboot after installing something the system sometimes doesn't like it if you have to maunally start back up instead of restart.

2nd. Like someone earlier I am (or was) running 2 internal IDE cd rom drives (one a cd rw). The computer has now decided that it doesn't like one of them and incorrectly identifies the other! Did anyone have any solutions about what to do as I don't really want to have to lose either of them.

cheers

Lozzy 10:53 11 Nov 03

Windows XP is the most stable OS that Microsoft has produced yet..

To solve your issues..

1. The restart issue, Boot your PC and go into the BIOS. Not knowing your BIOS it will either be pressing F2, esc or the del key. Then under advanced then Boot options enable auto restart..

2. As far as the CD and CD/R-RW you haven't mentioned the make so all you need do is go to the manufacturers web site and download the latest drivers for your CD and CD/r-RW Roms for Win XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…