Restart Problems

Hedders83 21:09 15 Jun 07

I have had a few problems and had to replace my DVD RW, my HDD was set as a master with slave and I changed it to IDE1 on its own, unfortunately before I found out this was incorrect I did a bit of messing around in the BIOS to try and detect it. Everything appears fine when th PC boots up from cold but if I restart it takes a couple of goes. The monitor doesn't always click in either. Any thoughts? I have looked at the BIOS and can't really see anything that would cause this

jay.p 22:18 15 Jun 07

there should be an option in the bios to reset to default values so this could be a good starting point.

woodchip 22:26 15 Jun 07

This sounds like a Win98se comp! if it is go to Runbox and Type SFC with the 98se CD in comp

Hedders83 08:32 16 Jun 07

if i reset the values won't that reset the date etc and cause problems in windows after boot up? (running XP by the way)

woodchip 14:51 16 Jun 07

In XP put your XP CD in comp then in run type

SFC /SCANNOW to look for corrupt files. Also you could try running System Restore tool

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…