Restart problem

Barrie_G 15:42 29 Mar 07

After building a pc a couple of months ago I'm having a problem with it restarting every now and then, it's just as though someone's pressed the reset button, this happens if I've just turned the pc on or if it's been on for hours, if I'm just browsing the internet or if the pc is under load with me playing a game.

The pc has had a full virus scan etc. without anything showing up, I've checked in Event Viewer, nothing shows up, there are no loose cables or components that I can find.

The spec of the pc is;

CPU: Intel core 2 Duo E6600 2.4ghz
mobo: Intel DP965LT
PSU: Enermax Liberty 500w
Memory: 2 x 1gb PC5400 1.8v 667mhz
Grapics: Novatech 7900gs 256mb
Hdd: 2x Western Digital Caviar 120gb (not set as raid)

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated:)

woodchip 15:53 29 Mar 07

How many Drives altogether? as they are what takes most power. It may be you PSU although it's a 500watt check the output of rails. Also what they say on the tin are not always what's inside it

Barrie_G 16:41 29 Mar 07

There are 4 drives all together, the two HDD's a Pioneer dvd rw and a Asus dvd rom.

Though I would have thought that if it was a power issue then I would have more problems if I was doing something more intensive such as gaming or burning a DVD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…