Restart PC..Reboots..Reboots..Reboots...All OK

phoenix_one 11:32 14 Sep 03

Whenever I shut down my PC or restart it the next time that it reboots it gets to the windows XP boot screen and then reboots flashing a blue screen that appears to say error but this lingers on the screen for a matter of miliseconds and cannot be read.

It reboots the PC like this for 3 to 7 times and then it boots and loads as if nothing was evr wrong, I get no error, No registry error, Nothing is said to be wrong.

What is this?

Is it a new virus, should I run system restore?

The PC has worked fine until now really, there was no cause for it to fail,

I run zonealarm, AVG and my router blocks all ports incoming I believe

VoG II 11:38 14 Sep 03

Right-click on My Computer, click Properties, click the Advanced tab. Under ?Startup & Recovery,? click Settings. Under ?System Failure,? uncheck the box in front of ?Automatically restart.? Nexy tie you'll be able to read the blue screen.

phoenix_one 11:42 14 Sep 03

ive done that but as im sure you realise I dont want to try this yet as my PC is finally working

phoenix_one 11:44 14 Sep 03

I can confirm that AVG has just run a full scan and not detected any Virus

cdb 12:58 14 Sep 03

Phoenix, VoG's advise will just let you read the blue screen it doesn't mess anything up, it just pauses the process til you hit a key (I think) I had a crashing problem, but with the auto restart you can't read the message to solve the problem.

phoenix_one 13:47 14 Sep 03

sorry what i meant was i have done vog's advise but i dont want to restart my pc to see the screen until i possibly have to bcos thenit might not boot.

Im soz if this seems silly to u but my pc behaves in strange ways and once it works i dont like to give it a chance to fail again

Jester2K II 13:50 14 Sep 03

Hes not asking you to reboot - just saying the next you do and the problem occurs then you can get the error message and tell you how to fix it.

Without the error message we don't know whats wrong. If we don't know whats wrong how can we fix it?

Secondly i hope you're not planning on keeping the PC on for days or weeks on end "until i possibly have to " ???

Jester2K II 13:51 14 Sep 03

just saying the next time you do and the problem occurs then you can get the error message and we'll tell you how to fix it.

phoenix_one 14:12 14 Sep 03

ty and i understand, i will reboot my pc soon,

I am currently scanning disks , defragging, backing up evrything which i believe is advised by forum members including me,

i know u dont know what is wrong until i tell u the error BUT I HOPED... that someone else may have come across a simialr experience and would have had an idea.

Seeing as it is strange

Jester2K II 14:14 14 Sep 03

Many people have had this before but without the message we don't know whats happened in your case...

phoenix_one 14:27 14 Sep 03

fine ill post when i restart nxt

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…