Rest in peace my mobo!

The Dazza 19:10 25 Feb 05

..my mobo is slowly but surely dying on me. Basically rather than buying a new pc or a building a new one from scratch I'm considering just getting a new mobo. What I'm not sure on is if all mobo's are the same shape and size (so I know my new mobo would fit in my tower). Any advice appreciated. Cheers

Trackrat 19:34 25 Feb 05

If you have an ATX case all modern motherboards will fit it.

EdFrench 19:38 25 Feb 05

You just need to lnow what type of tower you have. (Apart from a few rare animals)

ATX

Micro ATX etc.. etc.
You will find this classification on most new Mobs's. The important factor is the distance between the fixing holes as you can have a centimeter or so 'overhanging'.

THe most popular tower size is and has been for some time, ATX

EdFrench 19:39 25 Feb 05

'scuse me Trackrat - crossed

woodchip 19:43 25 Feb 05

You also need to know what your CPU will fit also consider if the ram will fit and work on the new mobo

woodchip 19:46 25 Feb 05

Or consider this click here

The Dazza 19:47 25 Feb 05

...From what you have said I think if i do buy a new mobo it will be an atx one as that is one i have at the moment. woodchip, thanks mate, i had thought about ram & cpu. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…