Resource Meter

hazelnut 14:14 03 Mar 03

I am looking at the resource meter and it tells me that I have system resource's 53% free, user resource's 53% free and gdi resource's 73% free.This being the case, can anyone tell me why I am receiving warnings that 90% of resource's are being used and that the computer is in danger of a crash ?

powerless 14:21 03 Mar 03

Check for a virus.

If the message has just popped up the once, close a few programs down. Then open them back up.

Also close your Internet Explorer and reopen.

Stokey 14:50 03 Mar 03

Did you suspect that something was wrong -- is that why you looked at the resource meter?

hazelnut 16:54 03 Mar 03

I have been scanning photo's into a family tree program after installing a multifunction printer. This is my first attempt to do this, the warnings began to appear after this operation, not had any before that's why I looked at the resource meter. Can't understand why when the meter shows plenty free resource's.

Stokey 19:43 03 Mar 03

hazelnut, if I were you I would ignore it until (or when) something more positive happens to verify the message. Heed Powerless' advice non-the-less, ensure others progs unnecessary to what you are doing are shut down.

Good luck with your project!

Regards.

powerless 19:46 03 Mar 03

Scanning photos will cause a message like that to pop up. If you intend to scan again close all progrmas down and scan.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…