Resolved Postings

pj123 15:38 28 Jan 03

Once again I have just checked through all "My Postings" to make sure I have "ticked" all of mine that have been resolved. i find that there are lots of other postings with up to 40 responses, surely that is enough to tick them as resolved?

Should we not (all of us) check to see if we have ticked old postings. my first action on logging in is to go to "My postings" and check there and then go to the "Helproom".

I did foreget to tick two resolved problems and got reminded. No offence was taken, I was pleased to be reminded.

cherria 15:44 28 Jan 03

You're going to have trouble resolving this one though ;~}

€dstow 15:49 28 Jan 03

I appreciate what you are trying to do and it has been attempted many times before. Unfortunately the response is normally sadly lacking. Some of the the culprits may make a half hearted effort to tick resolve and then just forget about it as before.

€d

pj123 15:51 28 Jan 03

Yes, I am sure I am. But if I see a posting that is not resolved and has something like 16 and upwards responses I don't even read it, even if I think I might have the answer.

pj123 15:53 28 Jan 03

Maybe the FE should look through them and if He/She thinks they are resolved he/she should tick them for us???

€dstow 15:58 28 Jan 03

No harm in in asking!

€d

polymath 21:31 28 Jan 03

I thought, for a while, that I'd been ticking my resolved problems, till I got a reproachful email about it. Only then did I twig that I have to press the Resolved button as well, so back-tracked & did it. Maybe it should be made clearer for us dimwits?

Beas-Knees 22:18 28 Jan 03

Agree with polymath, couldn't PCA make it possible that you only had to tick the box and not have to click on the resolved box as well.

Border View 22:25 28 Jan 03

Duh!

Beas-Knees 18:48 29 Jan 03

The reason i asked that it may be better if you only had to tick the box and not then click on resolved is because i believe what a lot of users are doing is ticking the box and then writing one final message possibly to thank whoever had solved their problem and then believing that when they click on post response that the tick stays there,I know that i have done it and i know others that have done it also.

VoG™ 19:11 29 Jan 03

This issue crops up fairly regularly.

I think that you will find that most of the regulars do this religiously, once they've found out how to do it.

The problem is with those who visit rarely and then just to post a problem. They probably don't read threads like this. Once they've had their problem solved they often don't tick even though they may post a thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video