Resolution from remote access when no monitor attached

craigj1971 16:31 15 May 15

I connect to my office PC using Google Remote Desktop. The PC in the office used to have a monitor attached to it and I ran my remote session at a resolution of 1920x1080. The monitor has now been passed onto a colleague hence the PC I connect to now has no monitor attached and I find that 1920x1080 resolution is no longer available (the maximum is now 1600x1200). Does anyone know how I can get back to 1920x1080 without having to connect a monitor to the office PC? Thanks in advance.

wee eddie 17:34 15 May 15

I believe that Remote Access has its limitations.

Ian in Northampton 19:17 15 May 15

It's only a guess, but - surely, if your PC in the office can't find a 1920 x 1200 resolution monitor, it won't output that resolution? But then, if it doesn't have a monitor attached, how does it know what resolution to output? Unless, as wee eddie implies, there is some kind of default maximum setting in Google Remote Desktop to avoid high bandwidth connections if it doesn't have to.

Btw: thanks for bringing Chrome Remote Desktop to my attention. Strangely, I'd never heard of it. Definitely bears examination. How do you find it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…