Resolution Issues with 20 inch ACER monitor

kamal1667 04:35 29 Dec 06

I am having the resolution issues with my 20" Acer AL2017BMD LCD Monitor when I connect it to my A100-TA7C Toshiba Laptop(Dual Core Processor. WIndows XP media edition). There is no option to set the resolution at 1400 X 1050. Thats why the display is blurry and there are lines running across the screen.

But if I use the same monitor with my other laptop (A70 Toshiba P4, XP Pro), it works perfectly as I get the option of 1400 X 1050 resolution.

Can anyone suggest me, how can fix this problem. Or this graphics card (which is built in) will not support this resolution, do I need some other driver, or do I need to upgrade to XP Pro.

Thanks in advance.

anskyber 10:26 29 Dec 06

Did you buy this laptop in Canada? Your chipset for graphics is the Intel GMA 950 and the details suggest it should work. click here

anskyber 10:35 29 Dec 06

If you download the product brief from my link above you will see it has the Intel 945 Express chipset which the GMA 950 works with. If you can determine from you manual which model it is you may think it worthwhile using the drivers from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac