Resolution - help

Pangie 00:29 31 Mar 05

I have just formatted a PC and re-installed Win 98 SE. The maximum screen resolution is only 16 colours and the resolution cannot be increased from 640 x 480 pixels.

According to Belarc report,i have a Standard Display Adapter (VGA) [4-23-1999].

Please help on how i can sort this problem.

Paranoid Android 00:34 31 Mar 05

You will find that your display is running using standard windows (default) drivers. You need to install the correct driver for you graphics card, then the full range of colours and resolutions will be available to you.

Regards

Marvin

Pangie 00:50 31 Mar 05

thanx Paranoid Android, but how do i do that???????

Paranoid Android 00:58 31 Mar 05

Depends on your graphics card.

If you have on-board graphics, the drivers will be on the motherboard drivers CDRom. You can tell on-board graphics because the monitor will plug into the edge of the motherboard near the mouse and keyboard connectors.

Otherwise it will be an add-on graphics adapter. Most graphics cards these days are either NVidia or ATI and latest drivers can be downloaded from their respective web sites. They are usually executable files that do the setup for you.

click here
click here

Marvin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…