Resizing windows

afandou 20:03 14 Apr 07

I have just installed a new monitor. With the old one all windows and web pages appeared on the screen full size. I vaguely remember ticking a box to this effect a long time ago.
How do I make it happen?

I am Spartacus 20:19 14 Apr 07

If you're starting the program from a quick launch or desktop icon make sure the properties are set to start maximised.

afandou 10:40 15 Apr 07

I have right clicked on the desktop icon but can find no way to do this. Also when I clicked on the link in my email to bring me to this window it appeared about half the size of the screen.

birdface 10:45 15 Apr 07

Mouse arrow to edge and drag it,Same with bottom and top,

johnnyrocker 10:47 15 Apr 07

in addition to above then close with alt f4 and it will reopen full size next time.

johnny.

rawprawn 14:13 15 Apr 07

If all else fails, this is an excellent free program
click here

afandou 15:01 15 Apr 07

Tried all the above to no avail. Downloaded Autosizer as advised by rawprawn and that did the job.

Thanks everyone.

rawprawn 15:12 15 Apr 07

Tick resolved?

MAJ 15:27 15 Apr 07

For future reference, the correct way to open Windows in a maximised state is:

1. When first opening IE: Right-click on the IE icon on the QuickLaunch toolbar (NOT the IE icon on the Desktop), choose Properties, click the Shortcut tab. In the 'Run' field, click the dropdown arrow and choose 'Maximised' from the menu. Then Click Apply and OK to exit. To view the QuickLaunch toolbar, right-click on the Taskbar and go to Toolbars > QuickLaunch.

2. To open windows maximised when clicking on a link: First open a page with a link on it, this forum for example.
Click on the link to open the window (usually it will open smaller than maximised).
Using your mouse cursor, drag the sides of that window until the window fills the screen. Then Minimise (not close) that window you have just dragged larger.
When it is minimised you will see the original window underneath (the one containing the link you clicked earlier). Close that original window using the little 'x' in the top right-hand corner of the window.
Now restore the minimised window from the taskbar (that's the one you dragged larger) and close it also, using the little 'x' in the top right-hand corner of the window.

Now all your windows should open to full screen (or to the size you dragged the window to earlier).

rawprawn 17:30 15 Apr 07

That is the best instruction I have seen.

afandou 18:34 15 Apr 07

Sorry forgot to tick the box

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…