Resizing On Screen Windows

Dave 333 14:47 21 Apr 04

Can anybody explain why, after I have resized a window (say one from the desktop containg my shortcuts to documents) using the drag handles and closed the window, when reopening the window it has changed back to its original size AND despite setting the "view - arrange icons by" to nothing it always returns to "auto arrange".Thanks. David.

johnnyrocker 14:50 21 Apr 04

resize it then close with alt f4? right click desktop and arrange icons from there?

johnny.

Djohn 14:56 21 Apr 04

There are ways of getting round this by expanding the new window to maximum from the "Reduced position" to fill the screen then close down from there. It should open in this new size each time.

I personally find this to be a waste of a valuable feature though. If I'm in the PCA forum and click on a link, it will open in a new window about a quarter the size of the main window. This is very useful as you can still see the main window behind or have 4 reduced size windows open at the same time.

All are accessible/readable but if you wish to expand the window for better/easier access, it's just a matter of clicking on the "Maximum" button top right corner. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…