Resizing screen when only option is......

Happy1 22:48 30 May 03

I am using XP Pro. Non Techi Amateur(Looked at another link can you tell)?

I connected to Net an hour ago and all fine(dial up. Disconnected, watched an hours telly and couldnt reconnect. Cost me 50p minute to get connected. works fine now but the screen size is too large from top to bottom of screen and the only option at top right is maximise(which it is or minimise. How do I cure this please.

By the way I was playing with messenger tools earlier before prob. Most of the options in that are now greyed out for some reason. Never altered anything just looked. Help please. :(

Happy1 23:07 30 May 03

HELP

jazzypop 23:24 30 May 03

Hold the Ctrl key down (bottom left) and pres the Esc key (top left) once.

This should bring up the Start menu. Open Control Panel > Display. Click on the Settings tab, set the screen resolution to 800 x 600 (drag the slider to the right). Click Apply and OK.

If, once you have the Display window open, you cannot see the tabs at the top to click on them, hold the Ctrl key down again, and while holding it down, press the Tab key 5 times (with a pause between each press) - this will allow you to see the page with the screen resolution on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…