Resizing Pictures in "My Pictures"

douglas1973 20:33 26 Nov 04

I am using Windows XP Home Edition SP2.

When I right click a picture and select "Resize Pictures" and then select, say, (Medium (fits 800x600 screen)" and then click OK nothing happens.

Similarly, when I right click a picture and select "Send To > Mail Recipient" the attachment appears in an email in Outlook 2003 but with no reduction in the size of the file whereas before I was given the option of resizing the picture in a dialogue box titled "Resize Picture" that appeared before the email opened in Outlook.

How can I get back to being able to resize pictures?

Cook2 20:36 26 Nov 04

I just did a right click on one of my pictures, resized and I get a duplicate picture in the new size.

Cook2 20:36 26 Nov 04

I just did a right click on one of my pictures, resized and I get a duplicate picture in the new size.

douglas1973 21:04 26 Nov 04

I know, Cook 2, that is what happened to me before but for some reason is no longer occuring

GroupFC 22:04 26 Nov 04

have a look at these two which may help click here and then click here

roy 23:54 26 Nov 04

GroupFC Is that fix quite safe? I find that I have lost my resizing option as well and am thinking of trying it. Not too keen on altering the Registry though.

javaBalls 00:22 27 Nov 04

click here

About half way down the page look for where it says:
Image Resizer
ImageResizer.exe
521 KB 2 min @ 28.8 Kbps

Download this and follow the instructions to install. Once you have successfully installed the Image Resizer you can go to where your pictures are stored on your PC and right-click. Select the option "Resize Pictures" and select the size you want.

douglas1973 00:24 27 Nov 04

Thanks Paranoid Android and huggyg71. I chose huggyg71's suggestion because it seemed the simpler of the two and it worked like a dream. This support site is fantastic and has saved me money in not having to seek payable advice which is frequently useless.

douglas1973 00:28 27 Nov 04

It's GroupFC that I should be thanking. I chose your second solution which seemed the easier of the two. It worked like a dream.

GroupFC 10:22 27 Nov 04

It is Huggy71 that deserves the thanks - he posted the second link in my post in an earlier question on the same subject!!

BTW, searching the archives does work, so long as you as use the right words - I found the solution by searching for "resizing pictures"!

roy, if you are nervous about altering the registry (I must admit it is not yet something I've done!), you could always make a back-up of it first.

roy 17:10 27 Nov 04

GroupFC Thanks for that. As douglas1973 has tried your tip I will also give it a go.

Cheers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…