resizing partitions

dfghjkl 20:16 12 Jan 04

hello,i have recently partitioned my hard drive,can i change the size of a partition?what i want to is make the first partition (c drive,with os)larger by giving up one of my partitions or resizing one.i have empty ones so i wont lose data,i have read previous threads and i know about partition magic but i want to do this for free (i would reformat and reinstal before i part with money,careful northerner)i have had a look at disk management but i an not sure it will do what i want,can anyone help please.o/s is xp pro.thanks

spikeychris 20:22 12 Jan 04

Whilst your installing XP you can select the size of drive you want and any other partitions.

dfghjkl 20:49 12 Jan 04

i dont realy want to install if i have to,can i do it with my xp disc?but keep os.all i want to do is enlarge the partition.

spikeychris 21:03 12 Jan 04

No. You will need one of the below programs (there are obviously others)
BootIT NG click here Partition Magic click here Partition Commander click here Ranish Partition Manager click here

spikeychris 21:05 12 Jan 04

mmmmm click here copied and pasted my previous....

dfghjkl 21:31 12 Jan 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…