Resizing paper in Open Office Writer

Joe G 15:38 03 Oct 10

I am trying to scale down an A4 document to A5 in open office without losing the format of all the text so I can then export it to pdf - is it possible to do this or will I need to either reformat all the text & pictures or print out at A5 and scan back in

Cheers

Belatucadrus 17:36 03 Oct 10

When you try resizing a document page the text is going to remain the same size, so some format difference is inevitable. You can try Edit/Select All then reduce the font size until you get closer to what you started with format wise. Unfortunately this isn't going to help with pictures which will need to be adjusted individually.

Joe G 17:41 03 Oct 10

Hoping there may be an easier way but thought probably not - at least I will only have to do it once and then I will have it set up for future work - its an advert for a series of concerts that I need to produce every 3 months - unfortunately the person who did it before me started with an A4 document!

Belatucadrus 20:45 03 Oct 10

It may be possible to fiddle it in the print phase, I use Foxit pdf reader and it comes with a load of print setting options that would allow shrinking to A5 or multiple page printing on a sheet of A4.

Joe G 20:56 03 Oct 10

That was going to be my other option but I need it at A5 as a pdf rather than a print as I have to send it off to a magazine for printng at A5

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…