Resize Picture (Send to Mail Recipient) Problem

first500 10:52 09 Oct 05

Until recently I was able to right click on a .jpg, choose "Send to Mail Recipient" and was offered a dialogue box to resize the picture before sending. This no longer appears, and I go straight to the email which contains the full size image.

There is another posting on this forum with a similar problem which suggested the solution is to download the XP Resize powertoy, which I did, but this has not cured the problem (The powertoy option appears on the right click menu, but no resized image is made).

I think this may be a corrupt Registry entry. Anyone know how to mend it? (running XP Pro SP2).

Thanks in advance.

scotty 11:05 09 Oct 05

Have you added or removed any programs or changed the file association for jpg files?

anskyber 11:07 09 Oct 05

I have found that the file still appears as a full sized attachment but when sent it obviously is smaller after resizing because of the short time it takes to send. Have you tried sending to yourself to see what size the received file is?

first500 11:07 09 Oct 05

In a word - No!

first500 11:13 09 Oct 05

Ok - that's a "No" to have I removed progs/changed file associations and a "Yes" to I have sent it to myself and it has not resized.

anskyber 11:16 09 Oct 05

Hmm tricky. How about a free pic program like Picasa from Google? click here

first500 11:22 09 Oct 05

Thanks anskyber. Could do, but not really as convenient.

MAJ 11:33 09 Oct 05

Go to Start > Run and type/paste in:

regsvr32 shimgvw.dll

reboot your PC and see if that has cured it, first500.

MAJ 11:34 09 Oct 05

Forgot to say: Click OK after you type in the command in the Run box.

first500 11:46 09 Oct 05

MAJ - is that short for "Magic"? Worked a treat - now got my resizer back. Thanks. BTW if you have the time - what did the resvr32 do?

Regards, David

Sapins 11:49 09 Oct 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…