Resize a picture to 30k

Graham. 16:31 24 Mar 10

I sometimes have to submit a picture not exceeding 30k. I have tried Irfanview but it doesn't appear to go that far down.

I'm on Vista, so I've tried Image Resizer Clone, same result.

The only thing that works is XP Image Resizer, I have to move the picture to the laptop to do it.

Anything else to try, please?

mgmcc 16:36 24 Mar 10

I've just resized a pic to 2.4k in Irfanview by reducing it to 10% of the original and saving as a jpeg. Make sre you're not saving as a .BMP file after resizing.

Graham. 16:58 24 Mar 10

Even at 2% it's 36 kb

PalaeoBill 17:20 24 Mar 10

If you have Microsoft Office installed,
Microsoft Office Picture Manager will do the job. It sometimes gets shirty about resizing to a small percentage (just refuses to do it) but you can enter a custom width and height (or just width and let it auto set the height) in pixels and achieve the same result.

rdave13 17:31 24 Mar 10

Paint dot net has also got a good resizing tool.

mooly 17:54 24 Mar 10

Vistas own "paint" does the job and can resize down to... well certainly under 3k as I have done that often for making custom icons etc.

Once you have used it a few time to get the feel of what "size" a picture should end up it's quick and easy.

Graham. 18:03 24 Mar 10

Thanks all, back soon...

Pineman100 18:07 24 Mar 10

Have a look at Shrink Pic: click here

It's an automatic picture resizer. You can specify the degree of compression that it applies, within three broad scales. Or you can apply a custom shrinkage to your own spec.

It's a free download.

woodchip 18:36 24 Mar 10

Or send it to me, I will resize and send it back

woodchip 18:38 24 Mar 10

You could upload it to hear for some one to resize and repost it for you to the above.click here

Graham. 17:53 25 Mar 10

Tried all your suggestions, the one that works best for me is XP Image Resizer, so I'll stick with that for now.

Only fair you see the latest one click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…