resize ( minute) task bar icons!

kimtrnc 04:58 15 Sep 09

Please help - my husband has an American laptop which doesn't seem to work like either of my English machines ( all running XP PRO SP3)
How can I give him icons he can actually see, please?
TX Kim

birdface 10:01 15 Sep 09

Maybe try right clicking Taskbar.Properties.Start Menu. Customize.Make sure large icons is dotted.Ok.Apply.Ok that might help.?

kimtrnc 11:01 15 Sep 09

Buteman - thanks - but he is running in Classic Mode, and there is no option for "large icons" only for "small icons" which he already has.
If I temporarily. Also needs to change "date and time" which currently shows date, time AND day of the week, which takes up a lot of room on a small screen......
TX for help

birdface 11:25 15 Sep 09

Can you not just dot the menu button instead of the classic view button.or does he prefer it that way.Date and time i am not sure about.Only the time shows on mine on the far right of the Taskbar.Is it a different time clock that has been downloaded.

birdface 11:29 15 Sep 09

From another forum with someone using XP Pro SP3.

Go to Control Panel ( Ensure you are in Category View as opposed to Classic View in the Left Hand Pane) >Accessibility Options>Configure Windows to Work for your vision, hearing and mobility needs..

A Wizard will open for you to configure all sorts of things including Icon Size, text size, scroll bar size, cursor size, etc.

Not sure if that helps or not.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos