Residual circuit device.

Bald Eagle 09:20 30 Dec 09

Not computer related as such but!! My wife bought me a high pressure washer for Xmas and it says it should only be used via an RCD. There is one fitted (and working!) in my comsumer unit but would it be useful to use the washer plugged into a portable RCD such as click here also?

BE

bremner 09:28 30 Dec 09

It is not necessary, the only advantage is the probability that the plugged in RCD will go before the one in the consumer unit meaning the rest of the house will still have electricity.

howard64 09:32 30 Dec 09

If at all possible I would use the washer with a portable rcd preferably fitted in a socket not fed by the main rcd in the consumer unit. If that is not possible I would make sure the pc is off when using the washer in case the rcd trips. My main pc although on a circuit fed by the main rcd in the consumer unit has a ups so that should the rcd trip I have about 15 minutes to either get the power back on or shut the pc safely down.

Bald Eagle 19:46 30 Dec 09

Thanks for the advice I will purchase another portable rcd.

BE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…