Resident shield in AVG anti-spyware 7.5

Meshuga 11:20 29 Oct 06

I have AVG antispyware 7.5 installed and, while most of the times I boot up, the icon in the task bar by the clock shows that it is enabled, on the odd occasion it is not enabled and I have to manually click on the "Resident Shield" to enable it. Can anyone suggest the cause and remedy please. OS is xp home sp2.

Meshuga 11:39 29 Oct 06

bump

Belatucadrus 12:09 29 Oct 06

No idea as to the cause, but mine also does it so I'll keep an eye on this thread.

RobCharles1981 12:13 29 Oct 06

Same here with me, when I updated to the latest version I uninstalled the previous version of it, and used Ccleaner and Regscup and Regseeker and clean all the traces, rebooted and then installed the latest version I could not activate the Resident Shield.

Spooky!!

Meshuga 13:11 29 Oct 06

Thanks to you both. At least it shows that its not my pc.

birdface 13:18 29 Oct 06

I suppose you could try, Right click bottom toolbar, Properties, Customise, And if it is in the Current items bit,Click little box on right hand side of it, And Click always show, Then click, apply, ok. That might do it,

Meshuga 15:53 29 Oct 06

Hi buteman. That is already done but it is not a case of the icon not showing. the problem is that while the icon is always there it is sometimes darkened in colour and disabled. I then have to right click on the icon and then click on Resident Shield to re-enable it. Somehow the tick becomes removed occasionally. There is no "apply" or "ok" to tick to ensure it stays put, you just tick it. When the icon is enabled it is multi coloured red, green, yellow and black and when disabled it is dark grey. Hope that clarifys it. Thanks for your reply.

johnnyrocker 16:02 29 Oct 06

when it is grey it usually indicates out of date?

johnny.

Totally-braindead 16:03 29 Oct 06

I'll keep an eye on mine as well. To be honest I've never noticed it disabling itself.

Meshuga 16:33 29 Oct 06

johnnyrocker.Its the free version and I only downloaded it last week.

Meshuga 16:34 29 Oct 06

Thanks to all who replied.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac