resident memory virus

ferret1041 21:27 26 Apr 03

can anyone help me, I have a resident memory virus which causes my computer to freeze after about 10 mins, can this be fixed by norton or avg6??

powerless 21:28 26 Apr 03

How do you know you have a Virus?

Are you running any Anti Virus protection?

Whats the virus called?

ferret1041 21:31 26 Apr 03

when i tried to install norton it told me i had a virus then told me it had to shutdown!

powerless 21:37 26 Apr 03

This is from the Norton help file...

"If you try to install and your computer has a virus, Norton AntiVirus requests that you restart your computer. Restart from the Norton AntiVirus CD and scan your computer's hard disk for viruses. The Norton AntiVirus emergency program uses the virus definitions from the Norton AntiVirus CD, and is not as up-to-date as virus definitions downloaded using LiveUpdate.

Once the virus has been repaired, delete the Norton AntiVirus install files in the temporary folder that are left behind after the forced shutdown."

Do you know how to boot your PC from the CD (if you do not post back) if you do this and you can run a Virus scan from the CD.

I'm uisng NAV 2003.

sunnysingh 21:42 26 Apr 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…