Resetting Windows Media Player 9 Media Library

oliverdore 18:48 14 Aug 03

Does anyone know how to reset the windows media player 9 library. I have removed a folder that I no longer want monitoring, and yet the media entries still remain. It would take far too long to remove these entries manually.

I'm presuming there must be a simple way to reset the library, but I'm yet to find it. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks everyone,

-oliverdore-

toxin 22:53 14 Aug 03

Hi Oliverdore!

The WMP database can be found in:-
Documents & settings>your login name>local settings>application data>microsft>media player> File is "current database_59R.wmdb."

You can delete it and start again if you wish, or give it a different ext and leave it on your HDD.

If you can't find it by the method above, do a search using "*.wmdb" as the criteria for the filename.

Hope this helps, Toxin

oliverdore 23:43 14 Aug 03

It worked! Thanks so much toxin, I really appreciate it.

-oliverdore-

toxin 17:22 18 Aug 03

Hi oliverdore again!

Just a little snippet of info I picked up by accident, which may be of use to you.

If you make multiple user accounts in XP, each one can have it's own individual media library and subsequent database!

Hope this is of some use, may be worth noting for the future,

Regards, Toxin.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…