Resetting screen settings

Shmueli 02:22 28 Sep 06

I have a Dell windows 2000 comuter, and i set the screen setting to a setting to powerfull for my screen, and every time I want to turn on my computer, the screen says it's not compatable with my screen settings.
Is there any way to reset the screen settings to factory settings while being unable to see what I'm doing?

terryf 02:27 28 Sep 06

Try going into safe mode and doing it from there but you could also go to control panel>display>settings>advanced>monitor and tick 'hide modes that this monitor cannot display'

terryf 02:29 28 Sep 06

for could read should after you have sorted the problem

Shmueli 02:53 28 Sep 06

i can't get to control panel

Shmueli 11:56 28 Sep 06

Antone have any more suggestions?

Shmueli 11:57 28 Sep 06

I meant anyone.

terryf 11:58 28 Sep 06

Start>settings>control panel or click on an empty part of the desktop, press F1 and type control panel in the search box

Shmueli 12:02 28 Sep 06

I cant even get to the "enter password screen"(by the way, I'm using a different computer to do this)!!

terryf 12:04 28 Sep 06

Have you tried repeatedly pressing f8 as it boots to get you into safe mode

jack 12:07 28 Sep 06

Find a spare monitor or borrow one from a desk top
plug it in to the monitor port at back of the lappy then go from there ,as above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…