Resetting router

Sapins 09:28 AM 26 Feb 12

Router is Netgear DG834Gv2. I cannot access the site so if I reset the router will I lose all the settings or just have to reset the user name and password? Also if I want to wirelessly connect a laptop and a Kindle will they pick up the connection automatically?

onthelimit1 09:35 AM 26 Feb 12

If you reset the router you'll lose all settings, and the router login will revert to admin and password. Why do you need to access the router?

For wireless devices, you need to scan for available networks, select your router then input the wireless security key (often on the base/back of the router).

birdface 09:43 AM 26 Feb 12

You will have to reset the username and password and thats all I know about it.Did it with the one I have Netgear WGR614.

Maybe someone can tell you how to reset it first to save you going through all of that.

Laptop should pick it up but you may have to reboot it first then add the password.

Sapins 09:44 AM 26 Feb 12

Hi, thanks for your quick reply, I thought I needed to access the router to "allow" other computers etc: to access the connection, but, I will try your suggestion first, good job I wrote down the settings! Regards, Sapins.

Sapins 09:50 AM 26 Feb 12

Buteman, Found out how to reset it but I don't need to now. The laptop picked it up and asked for the encription key and it connected straight away. Thank you both for your help, Regards, Sapins.

rdave13 09:50 AM 26 Feb 12

Usually just rebooting the Netgear will allow you to get to the login page.

birdface 09:52 AM 26 Feb 12
  birdface 09:52 AM 26 Feb 12

Oops should have updated before posting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X