Resetting bios of my PB mz36-r-017

Carley Jay 15:47 03 Aug 07

I have enabled GFX card overclocking in the bios and now my laptop turns on but with nothing on screen, cannot access anything, are there any solutions?

Gongoozler 18:00 03 Aug 07

The only way I can think of to reset the BIOS is to temporarily remove the CMOS battery. This will involve some dismantling, but possible you will find the battery in the memory compartment, in which case you may only need to open a cover. There is, however the possibility that if you have overclocked the graphics you have damaged the graphics chip.

Carley Jay 19:45 03 Aug 07

I will try to temporarily remove the CMOS battery but i am having trouble locating my laptops disassembly guide.

Gongoozler 12:18 04 Aug 07

Hi Carley Jay. You'll be very lucky to find any useful documentation on anything Packard Bell. Somewhere on the bottom of the laptop you should find a panel that you can open to fit additional RAM. If you are very lucky, then you might find a small battery pack plugged in there as well.

Carley Jay 13:11 04 Aug 07

In the Ram area there isn't any small battery pack to remove, I want to find where the battery is on the motherboard before opening it up.

dan* 13:30 04 Aug 07

the manual is click here

Have you tried pressing F11 when the computer starts. Page 55. See if this will kick the screen in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…