Reset BIOS start-up password an answer perhaps

Cymro. 14:08 04 Jul 09

There have been many postings on this forum from people who have inadvertently set a BIOSS password that they then want to get rid of or change.

The usual advise was to get the original default password from the manufacturers or possibly from the Internet. There were also various suggestions about disconnecting the battery or getting some program or other from the net.

I myself have had the problem of an unwanted password on my laptop for some time. I was never able to find a satisfactory answer to this. Until today that is when I came across this posting on today's forum by topcattroy
click here
scroll down to find topcattroys posting.

The answer given by topcattroy is below. I assume it only works for Medion computers but may be worth a try on others. It certainly solved the problem for me so thanks very much topcattroy.

This is topcattroys posting
"this might help.
found a way to hidden bios.
Step1 :Press F11 at starting your computer
Step2 :Type the password its "am8888egh"
Step3 :Press Enter
When you pressed enter it looks like nothing happens, if the stars disappear you made a typing mistake. Remember if you have an azerty layout keyboard you need to type "q,8888egh" (credits goto poelyke123 (funny guys those belgians btw Laughing ))
Step 4 :Then finally press (left) ctrl+alt+powerbutton. (press and release) if you hold it to long your system will power down.
You should get the hidden bios after that if not you made a mistake.
I have messed around a little bit with this but
i have only been able to lower the clock speed.
good luck and post back if you find anything"

Cymro. 14:53 04 Jul 09

When you get to what topcattroys calls the hidden BIOS
there will be an option to change the password just press return when asked for new password and your computer should then have no BIOS password at start up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…