reselling software

conrail 21:12 30 Aug 09

want to sell some of my software, all legit, after I have upgraded to later versions or do not use anymore, one of the CD's has printed on it, Not For Resale, can I still sell this program? all help and advice greatly appreciated

Technotiger 21:25 30 Aug 09

I think that note is more intended for Commercial shops, rather than private individuals.

conrail 21:37 30 Aug 09

thanks Technotiger last time I went to a car boot sale somebody nearby was taken away by the police and his stock loaded into a police van so I though I had beter play safe

Technotiger 21:41 30 Aug 09

Serves them right - that person was no doubt selling them in bulk. not like a 'private' individual - assuming of course that you are only selling off a few unwanted items of your own.

conrail 10:33 31 Aug 09

thats all I am selling Technotiger, for example I have Serif page Plus 8, I now own Page Plus X2 so selling PP8 and others like it, all my software is legit and all I am selling I own, spoke to Serif and other companies and they have no obections to me selling old stuff purchased from them, after all why would I need to use it when I have later ersions, anyway thanks for your help and advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…