Reseller Account

javaBalls 14:50 19 Dec 05

I anmconsidering buying a reseller account.

I like the look of click here (Heart Internet) and click here (Hosting Place)

But I'm not sure which one to opt for. The second of the two is only one third of the price.

I plan to host many different domains. Each one having a different MYSQL database but each domain points to the same source files on the server. The idea is a bit like a blog. Each customer will have a different website (different data pulled from the database) while I only have to update one set of source files (HTML, PHP)

Any advice would be helpful. Especially if you have used the Hosting Place or Heart Internet.

Forum Editor 17:21 19 Dec 05

with Heart Internet, and have done for some time.

I have no hesitation in recommending them - superb facilities, and superb service. Price isn't everything when considering something as important as this.

javaBalls 17:29 19 Dec 05

Thanks Forum Editor.

My experince with internet services so far has taught me that Price isn't everything. Which is why I might opt for Heart Internet over Hosting Place.

anyone else like to comment?

javaBalls 14:00 22 Dec 05

Hi Forum Editor,

I'm still considering what package to buy.

This page compares the packages offered by Heart Internet

click here

Can you explain what they mean by 'Domain Mappings'? This seems to be the major difference between the packages.

javaBalls 14:09 22 Dec 05

also, I'm not sure if the reseller package is what I need right now (see my first post)

Any more advice?

Forum Editor 18:18 22 Dec 05

simply means that you can point a parked domain name to what is called a primary name.

Suppose you had a website on javaBalls.com (a primary hosted name) and a parked domain name of javaBalls.net

You could map javaballs.net to javaballs.com so that when anybody typed in the .net address they went straight to the .com site

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…