res://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/dnserror.htm

Donna-Marie 19:45 06 Dec 03

I cant visit any webpages through AOL 8.0 or Internet Explorer 6.0 yet i can use normal Explorer ... But when i try to visit any sites in AOL or IE i keep getting this message:

res://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/dnserror.htm

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

I've re-installed AOL 8.0 and Internet Explorer 6.0 but still no luck... also done scan disks, disk frags, virus checks etc etc

Any idea how i can sort this out?!

Diodorus Siculus 19:55 06 Dec 03

Try emptying cookies / temp internet files.

What is "normal Explorer"?

Donna-Marie 19:59 06 Dec 03

every session i end on the PC i delete all cookies and temp files ...

Normal explorer... When you can Explore, My computer, if you know what i mean?! I don't actually know what it is but if i push a button on my keyboard it loads up : Exploring - My Computer

Diodorus Siculus 20:00 06 Dec 03

normal Explorer - OK; I thought that you meant that you could access the web sites with it.

Have you tried a repair of IE?

click here

Diodorus Siculus 20:02 06 Dec 03

http:// support.microsoft.com/?kbid=165474

click here

for a couple of ideas.

Diodorus Siculus 20:03 06 Dec 03

click here

and another.

Forum Editor 20:06 06 Dec 03

This isn't an uncommon problem with AOL/Internet explorer, and often occurs after an AOL version upgrade.

Take a look at those FAQs, and come back here if you don't have any luck.

Are you running Win 98 by the way?

Donna-Marie 20:31 06 Dec 03

I tried all of your suggestions still no luck, and yes I am using Normal explorer as I call it to access websites, which is what is confusing me, as i can use this but cannot use AOL or IE 6

Donna-Marie 20:32 06 Dec 03

Yes I have read the FAQ's, I also tried their LIVE helpdesk and apparently its nothing to do with AOL 8.0, or so thats what they have told me.

Donna-Marie 20:35 06 Dec 03

Oh and yes i am Running Windows 98 SE

Giggle n' Bits 21:04 06 Dec 03

Before you do this make a note of which lines you have in the Network icon in control panel, eg; TCP/IP, Dial up adapter etc.

I would go into the Control Panel, go into the Add/Remove prog icon and open the windows setup tab.

In there Untick the line where you see Communications !

Restart the PC. then go back and add the Protcol like Dial up adpater and TCP/IP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…