adhari 14:18 02 Oct 04

The above is the message I get trying to access the internet.My machine runs XP and the browser is IE6. There is no problem with the broadband connection, it must be a settings thing and it simply prevents me to access the internet and email. Anybody had a similar experience and knows a solution????

VoG II 14:20 02 Oct 04

Try this click here

adhari 14:44 02 Oct 04

Thanks VoG! I donwloaded the Winsockfix on another machine (as I an't access the internet!) and burnt it to a CD. I ran it on the faulty machine and now the res://c:\windows\systems32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm message has disappeared from the left hand bottom corner to be replaced by a 'IE could not open search page' box. Would appreciate any more ideas.

VoG II 14:46 02 Oct 04

Some things to try click here

adhari 15:40 02 Oct 04

Thanks again! I am still working my way through all the different Microsoft articles and trying things out to see if I get the Internet working again.
I am hartened by the speedy response!

adhari 19:42 02 Oct 04

Well, the error message has disappeared, but still can not get connected to the internet as the address is now taken over by 'about:blank'
Is a reformat a solution????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…