rescue disk

aceguy 15:58 16 Jul 05

hi all. what is the best rescue disk to make incase of a virus or similare? i did have the avg (5 disks) rescue one but i read on the avg forum that this will not work with windows xp (which i have).i use avg free edition and spybot. any pointers would be great.

woodchip 16:04 16 Jul 05

A Image of your entyre system, Acronis True Image, or Norton Ghost

Completealias 16:06 16 Jul 05

I guess for a rescue disk it would have to be a BartPE for me. It is basically a version of windows that boots off the cd that can be configured with antivirus and anti spyware apps, file management etc click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:07 16 Jul 05

Nothing is fool proof!

Best is matter of opinion.

A copy of a clean working Windows partition, on another Hard drive is probably safest. Use something like Acronis for this.

This will protect you if the whole windows system fails not just viruses.

My system failed to boot from IDE 0 harddrive so a simple cange in Bios to boot from the other drive (IDE1) had me running les than 2 minutes, plus access to sort the corrupt part of the drive.

aceguy 16:10 16 Jul 05

sorry if i wasn`t clear but i ment just a disk to boot of incase i ever get a pesky virus. i thought the avg would be fine but when i tried to boot with it other day it was no good.

Completealias 16:21 16 Jul 05

The bartpe disk is a boot disk it just boots into a preinstalled windows enviroment and will let you access the hard drive and run anti virus / spyware apps. If you have a nero license it also has a nero plugin so you can burn to disk not to bad at all for free

Completealias 16:36 16 Jul 05

There are others out there as well just google windows boot disk

aceguy 16:41 16 Jul 05

i will give bartpe a try and i have nero express to. thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…