Resample an EPS file without opening it?

Eagie 15:23 28 May 03

I have a 143mb EPS file that I want to convert into a JPG and then resample down to a manageable size. The only problem is that I can't open it as, even with 512mb of RAM, I run out of memory when I try. Is there a way of resampling it without opening it?

Cheers,

James

AndySD 15:31 28 May 03

Hmm thats a BIG Illustrator file was it a CAD file converted to Illustrator by any chance?

I am afraid I know of no way to change it without opening it. I hope someone else can help.

Eagie 15:39 28 May 03

Its an image for a new musical we're doing at the Stephen Joseph Theatre in Scarborough. It's a hand drawn pic which he's obviously put into illustrator for a bit of tarting up. It is probably extremely high res as it will be used for AO posters but I just need it to do a few postcards.

Obviously I can get the illustrator to send me a smaller version but if I can quickly change it without bothering him that would be better.

AndySD 15:55 28 May 03

You could try using click here it gives a tiff preview of eps images then take a screenshot.

Confab 16:14 28 May 03

Its a big file but you should be able to open it. Try closing down all running apps before trying to open the file. This will probably free up enough memory for it to open.

Regards

woodchip 16:24 28 May 03

When it runs out of memory it uses Hard Drive so if you are short on space, that's why you cannot open it

Eagie 16:29 28 May 03

Thanks woodchip but I have around 60gig free on my hard drive at the mo. I will try and shut down a few processes etc when I get to my machine at home.

Eagie 23:22 28 May 03

Switched off a few processes and also opened it a slightly different way in Corel Photo-Paint and voilĂ ! I now have a 1.08mb JPeg instead (it still is a huge image - around 30cm x 17cm at 300dpi!)

Thanks to all who replied.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced