requirements for wifi networking

carlos 12:30 14 Jan 04

I want to set up an infrastructural , not ad hoc system at home, between two PCs and a laptop. Am I right in thinking that there are now all-in- one devices? ie I plug this device into the telephone line and it acts as the adsl modem, the router/switch/access point as well? The only other kit I will then need is a network adaptor for each PC/laptop. Am I right? Be grateful for clarification

LeadingMNMs 13:16 14 Jan 04

Correct. All you need is a combined router, modem and switch and wireless pci/pcmcia cards or usb adapters.

carlos 13:35 14 Jan 04

be very grateful if you would check this click here to see if it's the type I want.

carlos 13:37 14 Jan 04

I can't open the link myself!!

LeadingMNMs 15:44 14 Jan 04

Thats the type you want and it seems a good price for the 802.11g technology. You could use a wired network card with one of the computers if you wanted, thus saving on the cost of a wireless network card on one machine.

This is the link click here

carlos 16:40 14 Jan 04

Your advice is gratefully received.I have a spare Ethernet 10/100 to use.

byfordr 16:46 14 Jan 04

click here

Just brought one, hit autodetect settings and it fired up straight away, I previously had the 824m which was the wireless b version, certainly no complaints here!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…