Requirements

TeamChris1981 16:33 11 Jul 07

Hi everybody, I havent been on these forums for quite a bit, but I was just wondering if you could look at these requirements for me:

*Case 400 Watts Power Supply
*Mainboard Asus SLI AM2
*AMD AM2 Dual Core 3.6GHZ Processor
*1GB DDR 2 677 Corsair RAM
*250GB Seagate Hard Drive
*NVIDIA 7100GS Graphics
*DVD Writer Pioneer
*17" TFT Wide Monitor
floppy drive, Windows XP Pro OEM, Keyboard, Mouse, 3D Speakers, DFW Software, AVG Antivirus.

All for £489, just bought it today, what do you think?

Totally-braindead 17:06 11 Jul 07

You'd be really dissappointed if someone said it rubbish considering you just bought it now wouldn't you?
Seriously its ok, only thing I don't much like the look of is the graphics, a 7100GS is fairly low, if you're not a gamer then fine but even for a sub £500 PC most come with a 7600GS which is a better card. Have a look at the magazine for comparisons. Hard drive size ok considering the price and the monitors ok but some do a 19" at the price but yours is widescreen so thats not bad, 1 gig memory ok. And you picked XP instead of Vista but personally I would probably have gone for XP Home as its slightly cheaper and most people don't need the extras you get in XP Pro.

Its an OK PC for the money, if you do upgrade the graphics later you will need to renew the power supply as 400 watts can't handle the newer cards but as long as you are happy. Its not a bargain but its a reasonable buy and you didn't get ripped off if thats what you wanted to know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…