Requests for access to Outlook address book

Newuser964 18:01 01 Sep 09

I use MS Outlook as my email client. Each time I press Send, a box comes up, labelled MS Outlook, saying that

A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?

If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose 'No'.

Despite this advice there's a box suggesting I allow access for one minute or other period. I always say NO as I do not know what this is about. Why is MS Outlook not able to sate the source of the request?

I do have two separate Outlook identities, but had this problem once before when I didn't - and it took a long time to go away. It is a nuisance; can anyone pse advise me what it is all about?

RHT

accordion 18:42 01 Sep 09

Do you have any synchronisation program?

click here

Or any third party software that uses Outlook?
click here

You should scan for spyware using a good antispyware progrma such as MalwareBytes or Superantispyware. If you are satisfied that you have nothing nasty lurking on your system, there's a program that can help you identify what is causing the message and control it:

click here

Dave

Newuser964 21:54 01 Sep 09

Thanks, Dave, most helpful. I've several antispyware, antimalware etc. programs - but have installed Advanced Security and will give it a try

Cheers
RHT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…