//some 3rd party need geo

Request For Quote - What do I ask?

SLIMMERTIF 08:08 16 Jun 05

My partner and I are setting up a new business venture. ( We already run a successful business and this is a second string to our bow. We have an existing web site for our company, that was set up several years ago by a web design company. They host the site for us, and give us technical support, we can add new products and pictures and change product prices, but anything else we get them to do. I have no idea what though in "technical jargon" just exactly what it is they give us.However, we wish to go to a totally new design and hosting company for our new venture)

Can anyone help with the wording and advise me eactly what I should be asking a new company to do. I want to write to several local companies and ask them to design and host our web site, for them to be able to give us technical support, for us to add products and prices etc, and also maybe to add other pages if we needed. To have access to our e-mails from any computer, as well as having access at work via OE. To have a full working e-commerce site with shopping basket and virtual terminal, so we can take payment via a secure site when we are at trade shows. I would also like to see samples of their existing clients and even have references from some off them.

Any pointers will be welcomed.

Forum Editor 12:42 16 Jun 05

is that you don't necessarily have to host the site with the people who design it.

You may feel that you'll retain a greater sense of independence if you register your new domain name with a decent hosting company, host the name with them, and let your new designers publish the site to that server. You'll find that most good web hosts will provide you with a package that allows you to create almost as many POP3 mailboxes as you like, so there'll be no problem about email access - just use OE or Outlook in the normal way, your web designer won't be involved in that side of things. Otherwise your description is fine, and any decent designer will have no problem implementing your requirements. Some of us here in the forum design sites professionally, but we tend to discourage people from making commercial use of the forum. We'll gladly help in any other way we can though. You might start your search here

click here

SLIMMERTIF 08:14 17 Jun 05

Thanks for the link - We already have a fully working web site for our existing business, and will probably return to them and see what they can offer. We just had a few problems with them and Worldpay, and so wanted to spread our wings a bit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…